Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Soo... meditation!


So January's learning task is meditation!  I have toyed with mediation a few times in the past. As in decided it was my new thing, and then proceeded to do it twice. We'll see if it sticks better this time.  I've found the following links with some guided meditations I want to try.

http://www.chopra.com/ccl/guided-meditations


http://www.mindfulmuscle.com/5-top-guided-meditations/#14dZdChS79I8qmYx.32


The reason I decided I wanted to try meditation as one of my first goals is not about the benefits. But rather because I had goals in other areas of my life, but couldn't come up with one for myself. I found this website that had 7 areas of life to set goals. They were:
Energy, Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Emotional, Legacy, and Wealth.
(if you pay attention most of my goals tie into one of these areas! I'm sure I'll come back to this!)

So I was working through this and really liked it. The one thing that seemed quite different was the set an ultimate goal, rather than just a new year's resolution or whatever. Sort of what you want to feel or achieve in your whole life.

One of the things was Spiritual. It was so vague to me I didn't know what to say. If I was religious I could have done better, the goal to be closer to God or something. But that's not me. The only thing I could even think of was Be Zen. "Why" was also something that website talked about. My WHY for Being Zen is to "reset my mind to what's really important and to really connect with how I feel." I'm not sure if I can elaborate on that much right now. Maybe meditating will help. ;)

So my goal for that is to meditate regularly. Here goes. I'll attempt my first (short) guided meditation tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment