Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Goal Check-In

I talked a bit about meditation, but here's how the rest of my goals are doing this week!



Get in Shape - I dropped the ball and didn't register for bootcamp at work earlier enough, now it's full. BUT I've been doing PIYO videos after the boys go to sleep. And by doing I mean I did it twice this week. I'm hoping to find the schedule you're supposed to follow and mostly do that. I think it's just a month, but most days. I'll give myself a little flexibility depending how the boys go to bed. I didn't exercise last night because I just wanted to do nothing since I was grumpy from work (another story). But I should have. So I'll set up a calendar.

Be Present with my Family - A bit of a bummer weekend since my husband is at a hockey tournament all weekend. But I made plans to take the boys to the dinosaurs with my sister Saturday morning. And Jack has gymnastics starting again on Sunday. So Jack has a special time, and we've got a family thing. I really should schedule some one on one time with Tom. He's been really needy lately and just wants Mom Mom Mom Mom. It's going to be a bit of a stretch for ME time this weekend since I'm solo parenting. But maybe we'll just let some things slide and have a big more screen time so I can chill. It is strange since I have basically no agenda this weekend. (which makes me itch, so maybe I'll make bread or clean out my closet or something).

Save Money - I haven't spent any money this week, at least on my cards. I bought milk with the change I found in my coat. But I'll need gas and groceries this weekend. So I need to get cash, and make a good list, referencing my menu plan. But I feel really on top of it so far. Plus we planned a free activity with the boys. I have a feeling we'll want to grab fast food lunch, so I guess I should plan ahead and pack a lunch? I can use my Timmy's gift card to grab an iced cap and/or donuts and still not spend money.

GO - The way I'm interpreting this right now is in terms of house cleaning. And since my husband had a couple days off this week he cleaned the house like crazy. So it doesn't look too bad. And I'm on top of dishes etc. So I guess the GO goal this weekend is to KEEP it looking like this until Sunday night. I do tend to make a big mess with my projects (baking bread). So I'll make sure to stay on top of it. PLUS in terms of the GO, I'm going to make sure to exercise this weekend. And get dressed! Haha! I have to say it because otherwise I won't!

Learn: Meditation - I tried to find some app that has guided meditations but didn't like any that I saw. So I might keep looking a bit, until I'm tired of the free Chopra ones. I did a dream one and I didn't like it much.

No comments:

Post a Comment